- Low stock - 17 items left
- Inventory on the way
Organic Essiac Tea is a must-add to your herbal tea collection. This popular herbal remedy has been passed down for generations, from the Ojibwa tribe to a Canadian nurse and now, to you. Made from a potent mix of ingredients such as burdock, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, and turkey rhubarb, this essiac tea blend will help boost your immune system, remove heavy metals, and raise daily energy levels.
Made from the roots, bark, and leaves of four powerful, certified-organic herbs, brewed essiac tea is full of natural remedies. Burdock root is a cleansing herb that flushes toxins from the bloodstream and increases blood flow near the skin’s surface, improving skin quality. Sheep sorrel is another detoxifying herb that acts as a mild diuretic and laxative, helping to improve digestion, and also has antiviral properties. Slippery elm also contributes to digestive health, soothing the mucous membranes and supplying disease-fighting antioxidants to treat & prevent bowel diseases. And to top it off, another gentle laxative: turkey rhubarb, which helps purge the liver of toxic buildup and waste.
Our essiac tea is 100% organic, ensuring you receive the purest and most potent herbal blend.
Note: The cut dried root sometimes appears 'cobwebby' due to the inner pith which can be very fibrous.
Key Benefits of Essiac Tea
- Rich in Antioxidants - The high concentration of antioxidants in the herbal blend helps combat oxidative stress, reducing the effects of ageing and likelihood of developing certain chronic diseases.
- Anti-Inflammatory Agent - Many of the conditions that affect our gut & digestive tract are the result of inflammation. Each active ingredient helps reduce inflammation, reducing the likelihood of developing these conditions.
- Boosts Immune System Response - Burdock root & sheep sorrel increase immune cell activity and stimulate antibody production, boosting your body’s natural ability to fight off pathogens & infections.
- Eliminates Harmful Toxins - Essiac tea is a well-documented detoxifying herbal tea, as it stimulates the liver to process & remove toxins more efficiently. The result is higher energy levels and overall well-being.
- Supports Gut & Digestive Health - The gut is often referred to as your body’s “second brain.” But when it’s filled with harmful substances, it’s not nearly as effective, and impacts all of your mental & physical productivity. Essiac acts as brain food for your gut, keeping you sharp all day long.
How to Use
Daily Tonic Dose: Drink 60ml before bed, at least 2 hours after food. INSTRUCTIONS ENCLOSED
120g Pack - 2 x 60g bags, Instructions (enough to make up 8 litres of tea)
240g Pack - 4 x 60g bags, Instructions (enough to make up 16 litres of tea)
- Pour the proportionate amount of water into a pot (4 litres for 60g mix, 2 litres for 30g mix), then bring to a boil.
- Add the herb mixture to the boiling water, stirring thoroughly.
- Replace the lid and simmer at a reduced heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, then scrape down the sides of the pot and stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Replace lid and let the pot cool undisturbed for 12 hours, or overnight.
- After 12 hours, or the next morning, reheat the herbal tea mixture to steaming hot, but do not let it boil.
- Turn off the heat and allow the herbs to settle for a few minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve to catch sediment.
- Use a funnel to fill your pre-sterilised bottles, then cover with a lid.
- Allow bottles to cool, then tighten the lids to form a seal. Store in the refrigerator until ready to drink.
Immune Support, Detoxification, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant Properties, Digestive Aid, Anti-cancer